Recruiting takes a certain skill set to be successful, it’s true. It’s a field that is entirely what you make of it. While it requires excellent communication skills, a good work ethic and thick skin, it’s wholly rewarding, both professionally and financially.
Have you thought about recruiting but aren’t sure what it takes to succeed? Read Mike Pio’s blog here. If you need further convincing, consider these reasons for joining the world of recruiting.
- It’s rewarding. Yes, I already said it, but it’s worth repeating. First of all, I help people find work or grow their businesses. That in itself is personally satisfying. But it’s more than that. You can make great money if you’re ready to hustle. When you put in the time and effort, you’ll get nearly instant gratification in the form of commission or bonuses.
- It’s competitive. Now, that’s not a pro for everyone, but recruiting is not a “phone it in” type of job. You must be ready to bring your A-game every day. Not only are you racing the clock to fill positions quickly, but you’re competing against other recruiters to find the best candidates. In many cases, you’re competing against people on your team. If you decide to wait until after lunch or tomorrow morning to make the call you could make right now, you’ll end up talking to someone who just accepted a job with someone else.
- You meet a lot of great people. If you consider yourself a people person, then you’re going to enjoy what you’ve chosen as a career. You’ll meet people from all walks of life and learn a lot about different jobs, cultures and attitudes. Though it’s not always going to work out for your candidates, if you handle things correctly and be as honest as you can throughout the process, you’ll develop a network of potential employees you can call on at any time. They will be more than open to receiving your call. This will help you reduce your recruitment time to minutes when you can start a conversation by saying, “Hi, how have you been? I have another position for you.”
- Opportunities for growth. In the recruiter field, the sky is the limit. You will have endless opportunities to learn all sides of the business and work with candidates or clients or both!
- Make friends! At a staffing firm like Anistar, culture is so important. The supportive executive leadership plays a direct role in shaping and strengthening the culture so everyone feels welcome, has the opportunity to grow and learn, and even enjoys life beyond the office. Visit our Facebook page to see photos from our recent company lunches, sporting events and awards.
Are you convinced yet? If so, get in touch to learn about opportunities with Anistar Technologies. You just might love it as much as we do!