Job Title: Transportation Planner
Location: Alhambra, CA
These consultants will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of the concept phase for transportation projects, which includes the preparation and delivery of grant applications, coordination and scheduling of projects, as well as the timely resolution of any issues to ensure that the projects are ready for design, outreach, and construction.
The Transportation Planners will furnish transportation planning services, including but not limited to, the tasks described below. This is a full-time office-based role, 4 days per week at the client field offices in Alhambra, California. Remote based work is not available for this role.
Bachelor of Science in civil engineering/urban planning or related field (professional license desirable). Three years of experience in transportation planning of the types of projects described above. Proficiency in using Microsoft Project. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Solid knowledge of NEPA and CEQA regulations. Previous experience of: Satisfactory past performance and growth in assigned responsibility and management. Completion of tasks on schedule and to the satisfaction of supervisor. Managing projects, including federally funded, in a public works setting.
Identify and develop project concepts including preliminary engineering work, which includes project background, objectives, scope, alternative solutions, funding deadlines, and all tasks required to deliver the project for design. This includes proposing and considering planning improvements, but is not limited to the following:
- Active Transportation User Studies (i.e. Pedestrian/Bicycle counts, destination analyses)
- ADA curb ramps
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Infrastructure Design
- Cost Estimates (Design and Construction)
- Crosswalk Improvements
- Curb Extensions
- Data Analytics, Mapping, Visualizations
- Environmental Requirements
- Envision considerations
- Existing projects and studies
- E-Bikes/E-Scooters Facilities and Programs
- EV facilities
- Field investigation, when necessary
- Guardrail Installation and Upgrades
- Grade Separations
- Identification/Analysis of Affordable Housing/Sustainable Communities opportunities, or other program opportunities
The consultant will identify potential funding stream(s), assessing funding amounts, where and when funding is sourced, and under what conditions.
The consultant will prepare grant applications including:
- Reviewing grant applications
- Proposing improvements
- Coordinating with other divisions and agencies for input
- Preparing grant application documents and attachments
Development of project schedules for the project planning, design, and construction phases
- Develop a realistic and accurate schedule in Microsoft Project and obtain concurrence from the project team with appropriate input from all necessary PW divisions
- Monitor schedules on a regular basis and ensure that the project team is providing necessary updates for completed and delayed activities in the planning phase
- Maintain the accuracy of the Microsoft Project schedules
Task 2: Stakeholder Engagement
- Study and understand project background, objectives, scope, commitments, funding deadlines, and all tasks required to deliver the project for design.
- Clearly communicate the objectives of projects so that project team members are working within the scope and meeting the schedule.
- Form, lead, and direct the project team to keep projects on schedule.
- Work with the project team to identify potential problems and seek timely resolution before they become a crisis during the project planning, development, and evaluation along with identifying future risks and solutions.
- Hold meetings with the project team on a regular basis to resolve issues.
- Interact with other County divisions, Departments, and outside agencies and community stakeholders to resolve project-related issues. Inform LA County DPW Management of any schedule deviation and engineer's cost estimate increase.
Prepare project summary and status reports when requested by LA County DPW Management. Provide periodic project updates to LA County DPW Section and Unit Heads. Facilitate a consistent and appropriate line of communication, a copy of all correspondence (e-mails, telephone calls, memoranda, and letters) regarding projects will be forwarded to LA County DPW Section and Unit Heads. Maintain an accurate, organized, and complete file for each project. Conduct community outreach, which may include interacting with the community, community-based organizations, cities, agencies, and internal divisions.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.