Tysons , Virginia
Technical Writer 1
Location: Tysons, VA (Must be within DMV area but will be working remote)
6 Month Contract to Hire Opportunity
Activie Secret Clearance Required
Bachelors Degree Required
Research, write, lay out, and produce a variety of technical documentation including: operations and maintenance documentation; testing and procedural documentation; briefs and presentations; user manuals and reference guides; proposals and contracting documentation
- Research, write, lay out, and produce a variety of technical documentation including: operations and maintenance documentation; testing and procedural documentation; briefs and presentations; user manuals and reference guides; proposals and contracting documentation
- Develop, format, edit, and review proposal response documentation for all types of responses, including market surveys, Requests for Information (RFIs), sources sought responses, Requests for Proposal (RFP) responses, etc.
- Convey complex information and concepts in an appropriate fashion to audiences with different levels of technical knowledge
- Research, analyze, and cite reference materials from print and online sources
- Proofread, edit, and revise text; provide copy editing and production support
- Develop schedules, outlines, and templates for various types of proposal and project documentation
- Create, edit, and finalize technical, managerial, and related content for written proposals
- Interview subject matter expert and participants in proposal development meetings to create and edit new proposal content
- Conceptualize graphics, figures, tables, and other presentation techniques to optimize impact of information provided
- Coordinate and assist with contract and proposal deliverables production, packing, and delivery (hard / soft copy) per RFP requirements
- Develop and maintain tracking lists for contract management, proposal management, deliverable management, and project management for team reviews and compliance
- Responsible for ensuring team is compliant with contract and project requirements, deliverables requirements, and schedule requirements
Position / Candidate Requirements
Key Qualifications / Skills:
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, IT, Communication, or related field
- 2 years of experience in technical writing or proposal writing in a technical field, or similar related experience
- Experience authoring responses to statements of work, staffing plans, past performance sections, management plans, and executive summaries
- Experience with Federal and DoD technical writing and/or proposal writing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage complex workload and handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environments
- Vast English language knowledge
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Adobe software including Acrobat Professional, InDesign, and Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Project a plus
- This position may require travel
- All information in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature of work to be performed. It is not designed to be all inclusive or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications required of this position.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.