System Administrator I
Job Title: System Administrator I
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Travel will be approx. 10% between Tewksbury, MA and Andover, MA.
System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with unclassified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you can develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various unclassified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex DT infrastructure problems.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Collaborate with partners to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions consisting of hardware and operating system technologies
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through systems monitoring and infrastructure management
- Respond to online service requests from users
- Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (DFARS, RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
- Install, Convert, and upgrade systems
- Develop, revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve our computing environments
- Maintain and grow your technical competence in multiple areas (such as Windows, Linux, virtualization, User Authentication, DNS, NFS, system imaging/build automation)
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Potential for domestic or international travel
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years minimum total professional experience as an IT professional.
- 1–2 years’ experience working with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2013 – 2016 Server
Other Desired Skills & Experience: • Working knowledge of other Unix-based operating systems (e.g. Solaris, Irix) • Working knowledge of virtual computing technologies • Working knowledge of thin client technologies • Working knowledge of Host-Based Security System (HBSS) • Working knowledge or data storage and backup technologies • Good communication skills • Good troubleshooting skills • Teamwork and collaboration skills
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.