Lancaster, South Carolina
Title: Service Helper
Location: Lancaster, SC and Monroe, NC
This position will assist the foreman with the installation of fire sprinkler systems.
- Prepare sprinkler pipes for installation including:
- measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading
- cutting, threading, and hammering pipe using tools such as pipe threaders
- doping fittings as needed
- cutting rods
- greasing couplings
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities
- Assis the foreman in loading and/or unloading materials, machinery, or tools
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed above are not an exhaustive list and may not encompass all of the “essential duties” for purposes of the ADA. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties as long as an undue hardship is not created on the Company.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe manner on the job according to OSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to, customers, construction managers, architects, engineers, construction crews, field superintendents and field supervisors.
- Must be customer-focused at all times and provide the highest levels of customer service equal to or exceeding the quality of work we expect and provide at PFP.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- There is no specific formal education requirement for this position.
- Previous experience as a construction helper is preferred, but not a requirement.
- The primary language spoken within our business environment is English. The position requires that the individual have the ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) in English at a level sufficient for a variety of people to understand clearly.
- The individual must possess the abilities to read and write at a level sufficient to identify, interpret, and comprehend various construction drawings and documents.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
The physical requirements of the job require that this individual regularly stand, sit, walk, twist, reach, stoop, and speak. It also requires the capability of using hand and eye coordination. The position requires the individual to occasionally walk across rough, unfinished or unstable surfaces at construction sites, the ability to climb stairs and ladders, and the ability to stand and move in high or precarious places. The position requires the individual to regularly lift up to fifty (50) pounds, while occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds.
The physical requirements of the job also require the individual to be able to operate any power tools, hand tools, and man-lifts normally associated with the type of construction performed by PFP.
The physical senses of sight, hearing and speech are required. Vision requirements must be sufficient in order to read measurements from a tape measure or other small measuring tools and details from construction drawings.
Work is regularly performed at job sites in which working conditions will vary, requiring the individual to work in a variety of outdoor conditions. These conditions can include, but are not limited to, hot, cool, cold, humid, rain, freezing rain, and possibly snow. Steel-toed boots, hard hats, protective gloves, safety glasses, ear plugs and reflective vests are required to be worn on the jobsite.
Noise levels at job sites can be from moderate to very loud dependent upon the type of construction or trades working at the time.
This position requires daily travel to job sites. Travel time may be required (up to 10%) for overnight or away stay.
The incumbent must adhere to company Policy and Procedures regarding dress code.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
Contact: Anistar Technologies