Security System Designer
Title: Security Project Designer
Location: USA (Remote)
1. Provides design or drawing assistance for projects during the development and as-built stages of the engineered drawings. Works on projects with varying levels of complexity including the moderately complex design projects. Obtains electronic plans from engineers/architects/owners. Obtains design drawings from sprinkler and mechanical contractors. Creates engineered drawings (AutoCAD, etc.). Prepares record drawings and O&M manuals according to project requirements.
2. Works from rough sketches, schematics, and verbal instructions. Utilizes and maintain company project design, documentation and submittal standards. Ensures adherence to industry standards and codes as required. Supports and maintain company design standards. This position will require the ability to apply intermediate and advanced drafting techniques and knowledge of practical, electrical and fabrication problems.
3. Reviews scope, defined product specification, application and electrical requirements for code compliance and AHJ Requirements. Work assignments vary and may be moderate and/or more complex in scope.
4. Participates in internal design review meetings as coordinated by the Project Managers. Participate in project turnover meetings with both sales and project team. Provides project team with all documentation, programming graphics, etc. according to company standards and project requirements.
5. Preparation and procurement of all project material purchases.
6. Obtains project design information as required from vendors, insurance carriers, owners, consultants and AHJ as required. Obtains and facilitate all project permits.
7. Communicates all design progress, committed completion dates, design scope revisions, and associated costs to the Project Managers. Discusses all anticipated overtime requirements with the Project Managers.
8. Performs change-order work only with formal authorization to proceed. Assists the project team with change-order pricing.
9. Participates in initial site surveys and/or walkthroughs.
10. Prepares submittal packages according to project requirements or company standards. Revises submittals as required to gain approval.
11. Provides operational support for the sales phase of projects when needed.
12. Work may include providing training and work direction for other designers.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Excellent Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Customer Focus – Maintaining awareness of and seeking to meet of the needs and wants of the customer
• Team Player
• Initiative – Engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities of improvement
• Analytical Thinking – Logically breaks down problems and looks for solutions
Associates or better in Engineering Technology or related field.
3 years: • Minimum of three years of previous engineering, field service or project management experience • Strong experience with AutoCAD • Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, building automation, and/or healthcare
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
Contact: Anistar Technologies