Security/ACS Design Engineer
Job Title: Security Design Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Please use salary history
Will start Contract to hire but could do Direct for the right person.
Goals and Outcomes: Designs security system solutions that fulfill the use requirements of the customers. The solution will specify system capabilities as well as limitations. Additionally, the Security Design Engineer (SDE) supports the sales team throughout the quoting process. During the project and closeout phase the SDE provides possible project revisions and documentation/input for future project lessons learned
- Designs, develops, and coordinates integrated security systems such as access control, alarm, IP camera systems.
- Generates proposal documents such as a complete bill of materials based on the system design, a written scope of work detailing system functionality, and consolidated spreadsheets showing labor and item costs.
- Accurately estimate labor for project tasks of project management, engineers, and installation technicians.
- Conducts site surveys and works with sales teams to design physical security device placement to include connectivity, device selection, standards compliance, building and life safety codes and implementation of integrated solutions.
- Engineering and estimation process to include interfacing with sales, management, vendor, and customer teams.
- Work with engineers of all disciplines to create total low voltage solutions.
- Interface with manufacture and distribution partners to obtain systems, device, and equipment pricing during engineering/ design process.
- Support the sales team by participating in technical discussions and meetings with customers and manufacturing partners.
- Work with architects, engineers, and design team on design build projects.
- Preparation of timely and accurate engineered solutions for a variety of integrated security solutions; including access control, IP video surveillance, intrusion detection, electronic locking hardware and associated infrastructure.
- Prepare responses to RFP’s including clarification questions and itemized bids.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- College or trade school-level education or equivalent experience is a plus, not a
- 5+ years of relevant experience in physical security industry or 2+ years in pre-sales
- support/estimating position with access control and IP video surveillance experience.
- Proven track record in designing networks, infrastructure and/or AV is a plus, not a
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite, including a strong Excel knowledge.
- Basic level CAD and/or Visio experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software (Physical and Cloud Based), and
- Knowledge and experience with – S2, RS2, LENEL Milestone (certification(s) preferred).
- Intermediate understanding of server, storage, and networking architectures.
- Prefer familiarity and understanding of AV design production in AV floor plans, riser
- plans, elevations, sectionals, system, and control diagrams and writing specifications.
- Bid estimating and contract pricing.
- Possess and maintain an excellent understanding of security and A/V best practices.
- Ability to convey technical viewpoints to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems)
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.