Ashburn , Virginia
Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Location: Ashburn, VA
This position is responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. This individual will work closely with Project Managers and the Field Operations Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with staff in human resources, operations, and research and development.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Supports field operations personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Promotes safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters and specific training programs.
- Participates in company occupational safety and health committee.
- Assists as necessary in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Provides technical support to corporate and plant personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Advises field operations and corporate staff of regulatory changes with which the company must comply. Sufficient advance notice should be provided so that compliance on the effective date of new regulations is ensured.
- Audits practices and records of jobsites to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
- Reviews field operations safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and MUST be able to pass drug and background checks.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!