Quality Assurance Rep
Eglin AFB, Florida
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Eglin AFB, FL
- Previous experience with similar runway and concrete projects and related site civil/geotech
- Min 10 years relevant experience performing Construction QA or Inspection.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbally and written) in English
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in an Engineering, CM, or related technical field
- Previous construction experience with USACE, NAVFAC, or AFCEC
- Completion of Construction Quality Management Course (CQM) within 5 years
- Professional Registration (PE or RA) or other relevant certifications (PMP, LEED, CCM)
- OSHA Safety Training (30 Hour) within 5 years
- Relevant Paving or concrete certifications
- Current records in JPAS system with ability to get a government CAC (Previous CAC or Security Clearance still on file in JPAS)
- Experience with USACE’s Resident Management System (RMS)
Anticipated Scope of Work
- Conduct the full range of quality assurance inspections and testing in order to substantiate or otherwise verify the suitability of in-place work, materials and equipment or services provided, including testing at equipment manufacturers’ factory locations and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action.
- Testing may involve hazardous materials (not including ordnance) and may require the A-E to provide appropriate testing equipment, if unavailable within local testing laboratories, or require shipment of samples to a Government approved testing laboratory.
- Perform reviews of design and/or construction submittals prepared by the construction contractor and provide written recommendations to the Government with respect to the appropriate approval or disapproval actions that should be taken by the Government.
- Monitor the timeliness of all such submittal reviews in order to ensure their completion within the time frames required by the contracts involved. Monitor the contractor’s (design, construction, or service) submittal log, and advise the Government of late or overdue submittals.
- Review and comment upon proposed construction or service performance techniques, procedures, and methods prepared or proposed by others and provide recommendations to the Government with respect to approval or disapproval actions that should be taken. Review, on behalf of the Government, and provide to the Government, comments with respect to quality control plans, procedures, and techniques and perform compliance inspections of the manner in which they are actually implemented.
- Attend and participate in (in an advisory capacity) meetings such as pre-construction and pre-performance conferences, quality control coordination meetings, progress meetings, or other conferences and meetings held between the Government’s representatives and construction contractors.
- Monitor construction contractors’ or service providers’ procedures for the identification, classification, tracking, resolution and disseminating of information pertaining to construction and performance deficiencies and provide findings for appropriate action in order to assure timely corrective action as well as the prevention of similar occurrences. Substantiate that proposed corrective actions are appropriate for the specific deficiency and provide findings to the Government for appropriate action.
- Assist or represent the Government in an advisory capacity at preparatory inspections held prior to the commencement of the work. Prior to conducting preparatory inspections, perform all appropriate preliminary activities such as insuring that, where appropriate, the correct site location, layout and elevations of the work have been established. Verify that all required preliminary actions have been taken such as submittal, review, and approval of shop drawings; approved materials, supplies and equipment are on hand in the quantities required; safety job hazard analyses have been prepared and approved; qualified workmen are available and properly prepared; field supervisory staff is knowledgeable and qualified; appropriate testing equipment is on hand, properly calibrated and functioning; and any required manufacturer’s technical representatives or specialists are available.
- Prepare written reports for the Government in a timely manner that document all aspects of preparatory inspections and advise the Government as to whether the construction contractor or service provider should be allowed to proceed with the work.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.