Purchasing Agent IV
Job Title: Purchasing Agent IV
Location: Hampton, VA
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing and developing logistics plans that affect production, distribution, and inventory.
- Creates and reviews procedures for distribution and inventory management to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Performed in accordance with company policies, procedures and statutory obligations while ensuring compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) along with Government/NASA regulations.
- Processed RFQ’s, RFP’s, RFI’s, Bid Summaries, Purchase Orders and Purchase Order Revisions and maintain BPA Blankets.
- Process purchases within program/division based on requisitions analyzing quality, quantity, specifications, drawings, and delivery requirements.
- Source, negotiated, and purchased/leased all commodities for NASA that include but not limited to engineering equipment/requirements, IT hardware/software, electronics components (EEE), PCBs, replenishment of a MRO tool crib, tools, raw/bulk materials, chemicals, consumables, technical/non-technical materials and services/repairs, and Safety equipment/supplies, office equipment/supplies, small and large complex requirements, and etc. domestically and internationally from qualified suppliers/Vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the logistics field.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Coordinated with Suppliers, Accounting departments (help resolve invoice problems and discrepancies), Shipping & Receiving departments, Logistics & Quality (help obtain COC, MTRs, Lot numbers, shelf-life, etc.) and project managers/engineers to resolve issues and support internal/external customer requirements and goals while maintaining effective working relationships
- Proficient computer skills and ability to utilize MS Office Suite, and a variety of databases.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Must be able to work independently and stay on task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task requirements and support other NASA agencies when required.
- Requires at least ten (10) years of experience in aerospace procurement.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.