Protection & Controls Engineer
Monroe, New York
Job Title: Protection & Controls Engineer
Location: Monroe, NY
PROTECTION & CONTROLS ENGINEER (Substation)
Protection and Control is responsible for the secure and dependable operation of the relay protection system to enhance the reliability of the bulk electric system. You will apply protective relaying design and analysis for Power Generation and Distribution Systems, HV and EHV Transmission System, and Digital Tele-protection Communication Systems. Relaying system design includes development of complete engineering design packages for protective relaying and communications systems, including AC one-line and three-line diagrams, DC schematics, logic and functional diagrams.
- Perform engineering design for the protection and control and associated communication systems for the Authority system (through both complete in-house designs and submittal of protection criteria under the aid of supervisor.
- Prepare specifications for purchasing protection and communication equipment and instrument transformer devices. Evaluating bid proposals and providing technical recommendations for awards of bids under the aid of supervisor.
- Perform system disturbance analysis and recommending protective relaying system modification and/or additions, if required.
- Interface with manufacturers, consultants, professional organizations, regulatory and standardizing bodies (i.e., NERC, NPCC, IEEE, etc.), to maintain familiarity with and stay conversant with the requirements in the very broad area of power system protection and control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with protective relaying systems.
- Familiarity with communication systems including power line carrier, leased telephone circuits, microwave links and fiber optic technology to develop protective relaying systems.
- Knowledge in performing special short circuit studies and other complex calculations as required to establish relay settings utilizing sophisticated software analysis programs.
- Ability to develop complex engineering specs and perform more intricate studies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience in Protective Relaying applied to Electrical Power Systems preferred.
- EIT (Engineering in Training Certificate) preferred.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.