Job Title: Proposal Specialist
Location: Plano, TX
The Proposal Specialist plays a key role in our proposal efforts as they are responsible for ensuring all Request for Quotes (RFQ’s) are complete, accurate and competitive. Additionally, the Proposal Specialist will be responsible for identifying sources to support new business and production requirements by conducting commodity surveys, interviews and/or supplier facility surveys to meet sourcing initiatives. The Proposal Specialist will ensure the effectiveness of the current supplier base as well as source for new business opportunities. The Proposal Specialist must also manage the ERP signals to ensure a steady flow of materials needed to keep the manufacturing line operating.
- Receiving, reviewing and clarifying Engineering Bill of Materials obtained from Engineers to ensure the requirements are correct and complete prior to sending to vendors
- Following the SOP’s, will request RFQ’s from current and newly sourced vendors and act as the primary POC with vendors answering questions, requesting changes and resolving problems with quotes as well as material deliveries to meet production schedules
- Developing, writing and implementing annual Procurement Plans to support operational requirements
- Determining and developing the best sources of supply from knowledge of supplier products, performance, and capabilities
- Developing and enhancing relationships with strategic supplier/partners; supporting the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management
- Selecting suppliers and obtaining pricing quotes for various quantities, tooling, NRE costs and lead times, and creating costed Bill of Material reports for bids and proposals
- Driving, tracking and presenting key sourcing metrics (Price, Quality, Logistics, Innovation and Risk)
- Executing a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach to all procurement activities
- Supporting supplier base reduction and simplification strategies
- Supporting the material planning for production by acting on order releases action and exception messages from the company ERP system
- Ordering floor stock with shelf life material for production
- Interfacing with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues
- Other duties as assigned Qualified candidates must:
- Understand product specifications in order to better communicate with suppliers
- Possess good project management, organizational, collaborative and communication skills
- Be skilled in the area of Supplier Management, such as contract management, and any sourcing process management experience is highly desired
- Have the ability to interpret technical drawings
- Any supplier development knowledge is a plus, (e.g., 6 sigma, PPAP, APQP, etc.).
- A BA/S in any field is preferred, however a Technical field is desired
- Must have two to five (2 – 5) years’ of experience
- Knowledgeable on FAR/DFAR regulations for goods and services preferred
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.