Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
The person’s task include:
- On-Site Project Management at both legacy and new sites
- Conduct routine inspection of construction site. Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams. Report on status of construction activities according to pre-determined schedule
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which includes but not limited to the architects, consultants, contractors
- Coordination of all relocation activities, including records disposition, packing and disposal; disposal of government excess property; accepting of new government property; oversite of furniture installation and follow-up for corrections; coordination and oversite with GSA for move services; design and deliver informational tours and packages for occupants; security requirements for tenants is addressed including soft and hard key issuing and inventory; installation of signage; installation of physical security equipment; prepare close out of the legacy lease.
Our client is now hiring a Field Project Manager with a desire to work on creating innovative, practical solutions while acting as a client representative. In this role you will: manage all onsite activities for a small project, or a subtask of a larger project, in accordance with the project schedule. This includes directing and coordinating subcontractor activities in accordance with project/client procedures, scope of work, and contract specifications. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client for all site activities related to assigned area(s) of responsibility. Willingness to relocate to job site is expected. Our clients extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience as a client rep at a field level will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Field Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Collaborates with Project Director to establish project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
- Collaborates with Project Director to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and makes staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Establishes objectives and conducts performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Establishes a project safety plan and ensures that it is communicated to all employees on the job site.
- Actively promotes and supports safety policies and monitors the job site for good safety practices.
- Posts all required legal notices at the job site.
- Establishes site security measures and monitors site access by subcontractors and others.
- Chairs weekly job meetings; prepares and submits summary of project progress and pending issues to Project Director.
- Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations.
- Assists Project Director in pricing and negotiating changes to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
- Reviews bid documents and assists with bidder solicitation activities.
- Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and Project Director to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client and Project Director informed of the day to day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or construction related field (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years related work experience is required
- 3 years in a leadership role at a field site
- Enrollment in PM certification program is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Federal projects a plus
- Proven ability to perform in a lead capacity
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.