Product Designer (BIM/VDC)
Job Title: Construction Product Designer
Location: Remote Nationwide (HQ located in Birmingham, AL)
Salary: $60k/yr – 80k/yr (range depends on experience and location)
Our client is the prime manufacturer in the Design Manufacture Construct (DMC) system; manufacturing large building chunks that can transported and assembled on site into complex buildings quickly.
DMC is a building delivery system that uses design to leverage manufacturing productivity so that construction is simple.
We are seeking talented and energetic Product Designers. As a Product designer, you will work with project teams in a dynamic, rapid-growth work environment with bright and talented engineers, architects, designers, builders, crafters, and manufacturers to design, deploy and continuously improve our building products and to participate in building an alternative to the traditional construction industry
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with architects and engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs
- Develop and design 3D models for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing designs (MEP)
- Develop drawings for modular components from production through installation
- Describe production methods step-by-step (including equipment and software types to be used)
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Maintain Building Information Modeling (BIM) standards throughout project, and aid in the creation of new BIM standards
- Assist in the creation of the Bill of Materials for modular products
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team
- Identify potential operational constraints while improving design and functionality of products
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance
- Coordinate with the design and construction team through BIM Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Proven work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software; Revit experience
Ability to work efficiently
- Strong personal management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills to overcome quickly and effectively unforeseen challenges
- Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated for continuous learning and improving technical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use self-judgment, problem solving, and self-starting
- Positive Team Attitude
- Must have revit expereience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in BIM
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!