Process Chemical Engineer
Job Title: Process Chemical Engineer
Location: Radford, VA
Process Chemical Engineer who is responsible for lifecycle of a chemical plant project including Scope of Work development, estimating, detailed design, construction field support, and commissioning
Performs one or more of the following process engineering functions:
- Estimate process equipment, instrumentation, and engineering hours for DCAA auditable pricing proposals.
- Be an active member of a project team and effectively communicate and interface with various engineering disciplines.
- Develop scope of work for capital projects.
- Develop Process Flow Diagrams and Heat & Material Balances for new processes.
- Develop new and revise existing Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop new and revise existing Interlock Narratives.
- Identify / Calculate Process Data for new instrumentation and equipment.
- Participate in Hazard Analyses.
- Conduct various calculations for process design (i.e. relief, pump sizing, and heat transfer)
- Provide field support for construction phase of projects.
- Provide field support for I/O and interlock checkout.
- Troubleshoot process, instrumentation, and equipment problems. o Provide field support for startup commissioning activities
- Walk down and redline “as-built” all process documents after project have been completed.
- Experience in the Process Chemical Design 8+ years related experience
- 5 years of experience in engineering design Process Flow Diagram Development Heat
- Material Balance development Piping and Instrumentation Diagram development (P&ID) Pressure Relief Calculations
Professional Engineering License in VA Experience on major ($1M+) Capital Projects ChemCAD Process Simulation Modeling AFT Fathom & Arrow Flow Modeling AutoCAD Plant3D P&ID
Education Required: Bachelor Degree Chemical Engineer
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.