OSP Field Technician
Job Title: OSP Field Technician
Location: Monroe, MI
Our client is a proven leader in the communications industry, offering a professional level of cabling expertise to their partners. Having been around for over twenty years, our client provides the resources necessary for their team members to excel and reach their career goals in the communications industry.
Anistar is seeking experienced OSP Field Technicians for a long term project to provide assistance with the installation, termination, and testing of various types of voice and data cables as well as security/access control equipment.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
Technicians MUST have experience working with various cables that include, but are not limited to: twisted pair, coax, Category 5, Category 6, single and multi-mode fiber optic cables. Cable installation includes: pulling, placement, terminating, testing, and labeling. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus, but not needed. IDF/MDF, rack install, fiber termination and testing experience a plus. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
Read and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
• Safely operate drill rig equipment, specifically a Ditch Witch JT20 or JT10
• Pull cable through underground conduit
• Pothole all utilities that will either be paralleled or crossed during the bore shot.
• Place, maintain or remove underground utilities as directed, including carrying pipe, and other heavy items, jackhammering, shoveling, tamping, and installing pipe
• Assist in securing worksite, equipment, and materials at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials
• Knowledge of utility depths and placements
• Ability to drill in both standard and high-risk areas, such as areas with live utilities
• Perform preventative maintenance and inspections on job equipment
• Perform light excavation with shovel to expose buried utilities when necessary
• Provide accurate documentation related to all locates completed
• Receive and respond to excavation notices following established time requirements
• Operate company vehicles safely and maintain a professional appearance
• Perform maintenance hole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
• Run directional drill machine and communicate via headset and hand signals to the locator
• Perform other duties as assigned
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!