Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Tysons, VA/DC Metro Region
Clearance: Active Secret
In this role, you will design, model, configure, install, and test network infrastructures (LAN/WAN) systems. You will implement and integrate network systems such as switches, routers, wireless access and bridging infrastructures, data center infrastructure, security control devices and software defined networking (SDN) technologies for on premise, cloud, and hybrid deployments within an Information System (IS).
- Collaborating with stakeholders and domain experts to define requirements, design, implement, and document functional multifaceted IS networks and to ensure project progress and resolve challenges as they arise.
- Researching new technologies to fully understand implementation requirements and implications for integration with other systems.
- Performing IS hardening functions and audits of existing network infrastructures including IP addressing, hosted devices, circuit loads, and traffic flows.
- Creating and supporting disaster recovery procedures and continuity of operations plans.
- Troubleshoot and debugging complex network problems and recommending operational efficiency improvements.
- Mentoring junior Network Engineering staff.
Position / Candidate Requirements
- A minimum of a Secret clearance is required.
- Education: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a Related Engineering Discipline
- 3-5 Years of Experience with a Master's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 5-7 Years of Experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 8-10 Years of Experience with an Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Risk Management, Cybersecurity
- 11-13 Years of Experience with a High School Diploma
- Required Progressive Experience:
- Designing, implementing operating and maintaining network technologies and providing end-user support for on premise and cloud deployments.
- Ability to configure & troubleshoot Windows, SQL Server, Hyper-V, Storage Spaces Direct, Juniper Layer2 and Juniper Layer3 SDN.
- Strong Oral, Written and Presentation Skills.
- Demonstrated background working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills to meet deadlines and quality objectives.
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% – 50% of the time.
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.