Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting site surveys and developing site survey reports, which include the evaluation of existing conditions and recommendations for the design and approach based on the existing conditions, current codes, and the client design criteria.
- Developing the project scope of work, coordinating with subcontractors, and communicating with the client.
- Developing design drawings and specifications for construction following relevant codes and standards. Candidate should be familiar with codes and standards such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, IBC, IMC, IPC, NFPA and preferably FAA Standards and Orders.
- Developing Material Take Offs (MTO), Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) cost estimates, and detail Engineer’s Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) for the Mechanical discipline.
- Compiling design comments and providing technical guidance to CAD designer/drafters, designers, and other engineers working on the same project.
- Providing engineering support during construction. Tasks include reviewing Submittals to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications, responding to Requests for Information (RFI), issuing Field Instructions (FI), and developing independent estimates for potential change orders.
- Developing recommendations to solve unforeseen problems in the field.
- Leading meetings and developing meeting minutes.
- Overseeing subcontractor during construction, as a Resident Engineer, to verify adherence to drawings and specifications.
- Supporting project closeout and lessons learned documentation.
- Performing other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program. Engineer in Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification required. Professional Engineer (PE) registration is a plus.
- Minimum 5-10+ years of HVAC/Plumbing engineering design experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering
- Proficiency with Trane® Trace is a plus
- Ability to read and understand drawings, codes, standards, and specifications.
- Willingness to travel throughout the United States for surveys, inspections, and meetings.
- US Citizen or legal resident of the US.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!