Manager, Information Systems
Job Title: Manager, Information Systems
Location: Seattle, WA or Arlington, VA
The Manager for Information Systems will be responsible for engaging with the client to develop and implement a strategic vision for the Information Systems vertical, as well as the day-to-day management of their direct reports. Opportunities for growth of the vertical will depend on the breadth and anticipated effectiveness of its strategic vision/plan, but growth is already anticipated due to the scale and anticipated expansion of the GSOC program.
Essential Functions –
- Develop, with client input and approval, a multi-phase vision and strategy for the global GSOC program’s information systems program that incorporates enduring support for current systems while establishing priorities to address ongoing pain-points and vulnerabilities as well as opportunities for improvements and innovations
- Refine and update the initial vision and strategy annually, in response to feedback and analysis and in concert with the budgeting cycle.
- Ensure strategies include robust output, outcome, and other performance indicators against which to evaluate the program’s overall performance. Use this information to propose in-flight and long-term updates and improvements to program design and implementation.
- Identify and, at the request of client, source needed resources in support of the multi-phase vision/strategy, including external subject matter experts.
- Serve as direct or skip-level manager to the other members of the Information Systems vertical.
- Manage the day-to-day work of subordinates, ensuring they understand their work requirements and have the necessary supervision, support, and leadership to meet or exceed those requirements.
- Provide day-to-day management of personnel on the Information Systems team, including hiring/selection, scheduling, payroll, and performance support.
- Ensure onboarding, training and continuous learning, and performance support-related programs, projects, and tasks, are appropriately carried out.
- Manage performance- or behavior-related staff concerns and issues as required within the hierarchical structure and in accordance with company policies.
Program Management and Oversight
- Lead the implementation of the approved strategic vision, and oversee or provide direct oversight for programmatic elements at the project-level.
- Establish and adhere to a timeline for a multi-phased programmatic roll-out; ensure discrepancies between targeted and actual deadlines are well-documented and shared with the client.
- Provide senior-level oversight to any outside vendors required to support the program. Escalate concerns related to quality and timeliness of outputs to senior leadership and advise on corrective action.
- Establish and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with counterparts and technology subject matter experts across Amazon Corporate Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration (or a degree in a different field with equivalent practical experience).
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in technical project/program management.
- Proven experience identifying, acquiring, deploying, and maintaining technology and integrating new technology with existing technology stack.
- Proven capabilities managing vendors and requests for proposals, including soliciting and assessing bids, negotiating contracts, and ensuring service delivery.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a direct manager-of-record across multiple levels of organizational hierarchy, to include mid-level managers.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing teams focused on front end web design to improve UI/UX of information systems/sites, as well as experience managing site content, permissions, and bug fixes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to build positive and productive working relationships across cross-functional teams; demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, to include briefing senior client representatives and editing final products for business leader and customer consumption.
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and effectively manage change related to technology tools and related processes and policies.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities and reprioritize according to situation or client expectations.
- Professional judgement to escalate issues to client with a solutions-oriented mindset and presentation.
- Noteworthy emotional intelligence, as demonstrated through leadership and management skills and activities, such as mentoring and/or proactively identifying customer needs before they are articulated or articulable.
- Preferred Qualifications (In addition to related Basic Qualifications)
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration.
- Professional certification in project management.
- Professional experience providing technology solutions in a security-related environment.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.