Low Voltage Project Manager
Job Title: Low Voltage Project Manager
Location: Birmingham, AL
Company Summary: Our client is a proven leader in the communications industry, offering a professional level of cabling expertise to their partners. The client provides the resources necessary for its team members to excel and reach their career goals in the communications industry.
Position Summary: Anistar is seeking experienced Low Voltage Project Manager for a contract to hire opportunity. This is a “in the field” position working in a highly team oriented, fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate will under general supervision, maintain a highly analytical and problem solving mindset while working as a team player and must possess the following:
- 4-6 years of Project Management or Team Lead Experience specific to the low voltage industry
- Cable or Systems experience with: Wireless Access Control, LAN, WAN, VoIP, Video, Security, electrical
- Connectivity experience with regards to switches/routers/servers
- Proven experience with Cable Design (Visio and AutoCad a plus
- Must be able to work with on-line workflow management systems, e.g. Remedy
- Proven experience managing vendors and a team of workers to complete projects
- Familiarity with large Enterprise environments
- Knowledge of cabling guidelines for specific areas (to be determined by location) -Basic understanding of BICSI standards and all low voltage cabling codes and requirements
- Good verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
Overview of responsibilities:
- Read drawings, specs and contract documents in order to verify scope of work and contractual requirements, complete take-offs, prepare equipment bills of material and cost estimates
- Review, validate and/or prepare Scopes of the Work, including visiting client sites, assisting the creation of layout drawings of equipment rooms and/or office setup, preparing work descriptions and specifications
- Plan, direct, assign and coordinate scheduling of teams of technicians for all projects
- Plan, direct, assign and coordinate scheduling of teams of subcontractors for all projects
- Make site visits on a regular basis to ensure company and industry quality standards are met and the efficiency of work is maximized
- Provide training as needed to field supervisors, team leads, technicians and assistant PMs
- Interface with customers onsite or elsewhere to ensure customer awareness of project progress
- Initiate Change Orders with customers as needed. Ensure work is tracked properly to complete Change Orders and obtain customer approval
- Provide all relevant documentation for the entire project cycle. Provide progress information & reports at regular intervals to meet internal and external reporting deadlines
- Be responsible for project cost and time budgets, project profitability
- Resolve all matters arising on projects
- Keep supervisors informed at all times of project progress and any problems or threats to project completion
- Support Sales & Estimating teams in the design, estimating and material specifications for project proposals
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures including the Safety & IIPP
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed and are effective
- Evaluate personnel, conduct performance reviews, assist in hiring decisions
- Supervise all purchasing and delivery of project materials
- Train, organize, and manage assistant PMs for maximum efficiency
- NICET III or higher in Fire Alarm
- BICSI RCDD, RTPM, DCDC, OSP
- Manufacturer Certifications (install, design or sales)
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!