Low Voltage Drafter
Title: Telecommunications Drafter
Location: Orlando, FL
Our client is a proven leader in information technology, innovative strategic technical planning, and program management offering a professional level of expertise to their partners. Having been around for over twenty years our client provides the resources necessary for their team members to excel and reach their career goals in the IT industry.
As an Engineering Drafter, you will serve as an integral part of an architectural and engineering design team, working under the direction of Project Architects and Engineers. You will work directly with design professionals to solve building electrical, telecommunications and security system design challenges, apply your knowledge of materials and construction methods, and assist in assembling full sets of construction documents. The ability to use common design tools including AutoCAD, Revit, SKM PowerTools, Bluebeam, Visio, Word, and Excel will be required.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Perform the overall integration of design engineering and construction sketches and specifications into coordinated AutoCAD and Revit drawings and plans.
- Draft the design of electrical, telecommunications and security systems for new and renovated building construction projects
- Exhibit knowledge of local and national building codes and standards, AIA and CSI standards and practices.
- Ability to perform design calculations and determine specifications requirements.
- Prepare accurate complex electrical system drawings and details, including but not limited to power, lighting, fire alarm, lightning protection, grounding, nurse call, ICT, security, AV, etc.
- Partner closely with assigned project architects and engineers to develop, verify and coordinate technical aspects of all designs.
- Create and update CSI Division 26, 27 and 28 specifications.
- Maintain project documentation, including calculations, project files, etc.
- Interface with vendors; evaluate/select equipment under supervision.
- Review electrical, telecommunications and security systems shop drawings; respond to Requests for Information.
- Participate in client meetings and interviews, as assigned.
- Travel as required by project assignments.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 2+ years experience with drafting
- AutoCAD and REVIT experience
- B.S. in Architectural or Electrical Engineering (with an emphasis in Construction)
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!