Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Job Title: Locksmith
GSA Certification is required
The Locksmith is responsible for the installation, repair, remodeling, and maintenance of manual and automated locks, locking systems and security devices, computerized access control systems, door openers, closers, and hardware.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Serving as the single focal point accountable for all services and activities and the quality of personnel and deliverables; be responsible for briefing the Oversight Manager (OM) or Technical Monitor (TM) on a wide range of services, activities, and deliverables
- Assuring all personnel have the necessary qualifications (technical, maintenance, and training); select and place, manage career development of direct reports
- Managing and de-conflict multiple ongoing baseline support and technical task; responsible for managing and controlling overall Contractor program costs
- Interfacing with industry, vendors, and Office of the General Counsel (OGC) on applicable systems installed, administered, and maintained under FDIC; identify system dependencies on FDIC and non-FDIC systems; document concerns and findings and present to the FDIC; communicate to the FDIC emerging trends and technologies in the lock and key security industry
- Installing new locksets and pin cylinders to master and appropriate levels of subsystems change keys; re-pin existing locks to master and appropriate levels of subsystems and change keys; repair safety feature hardware, locks, and furniture locking mechanisms; re-program safe combinations for lost/forgotten combinations; open safes for lost/forgotten combinations; pick locks; remove and replace locks as needed
- Developing and carries out preventive maintenance schedules and applies them to the activities of the locksmith office as directed
- Performing electronic lock programming and audit trail report retrieval on all electronic audit trail locks; code cut from Insta-Code software programs and fits keys to locks with no lock codes; install, repair, modify, and open a variety of locking mechanisms found on doors, desks, compartments, mobile equipment, safes, and vaults;
- Examining locking mechanisms and install new units or disassemble units and replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts, or repair them by filing, drilling, chiseling, and grinding;
- Opening door locks by moving lock-pick in the cylinder or open safe locks by listening to lock sounds or by drilling; these include, but are not limited to: T-3 Locking mechanisms, T-1 Locking mechanisms, E-Plex Locking mechanisms, Primus Proprietary System (550 and F Street), High Security Locks (X-07 Safes, X-08 and X-09), Audicon (OIG Grand Jury Room and Weapons Cabinet for Security)
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have previous locksmith experience
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.