Lenel Systems Administrator
Job Title: Lenel Systems Administrator
Location: Norfolk, VA or Boston, MA
Active Secret Clearance
This is for a Systems Administrator supporting a wide variety of IT and security system technologies. This position is responsible for the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of network infrastructure, as well as providing end user support for that infrastructure. This position involves all aspect of IT infrastructure including operating systems, virtualization, LAN/WAN, storage, and security. This position also requires individuals who are willing to validate designed solutions in a hands-on environment where our engineers build and test the systems, they design in a lab environment. This involves the following:
- Support complex client/server interaction problems and complex workstation issues such as registry-based issues and application conflicts.
- Perform advanced network consulting, design, installation, and support.
- Manage/configure SAN (Storage Area Networks) and NAS (Network Attached Storage)
- Design and install complex server cluster groups and their maintenance.
- Design and install mid to large scale server infrastructure, troubleshooting complex problems between platforms and vendors.
- Assess complex network needs and recommend solutions.
- Generate technical documentation
- Design and implement new solutions and technologies for solving complex problems and providing integration between miscellaneous vendor products.
- Work with Technical Assistance Centers (TACs) and senior representatives from manufacturers to resolve complex network problems.
- Provide system hardening and remediation to ensure compliance with customer security requirements (including DISA STIGs)
- High School with 10-12 years of experience, Associate's Degree with 8-10 years of experience, Bachelor's Degree with 5-7 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with design, installation, security, and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Experience supporting DoD and/or Federal Government IT infrastructure, including IT infrastructure for Electronic Security Systems (ACS / IDS / CCTV / Biometrics) is strongly preferred.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; DoD Top Secret clearance is required. Must be able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Lenel Systems Administration
- Lenel Admin training
- Must have Microsoft SQL experience
- Experience with Windows Server Operating systems
- Experience Enterprise Video Management Systems
- Strong knowledge of Server technologies
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience.
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure Server design
- Strong knowledge of two or more Windows operating systems, including technologies available with Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 and how to utilize and deploy them in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL, including backups, generating reports and modifying stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of VMware virtual environments, including advanced services for server virtualization, virtual desktop interface (VDI), and how to utilize / deploy them in enterprise and/or data center environments
- Strong knowledge of all major communication technologies (Ethernet (through 10GBase), TDM (SONET/SDM, ISDN, T-1, etc.), including when to utilize each as part of an enterprise network design and how to troubleshoot each
- Strong knowledge of common network protocols including SNMP, SMTP, MPLS, VPN, and other technologies and protocols used for communications and security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of common network defense mechanisms including firewalls, ACS/IDS/IPS, HBSS, and antivirus.
- Be proficient in technology relating to the optimization of servers and networks.
- Knowledge of strategies for fault isolation, root cause analysis, and other methods for identifying system issues using a wide variety of problem indicators
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Be able to update/modify scripts to automate server-based functions.
- Ability to manage one's own time in order to complete multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Lenel Systems Admin training
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.