Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Job Title: Lead Electrician
- Supervise small crew to install electrical metering equipment and ancillary wire/conduit in US Army buildings.
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and Safety enforcement for the project.
- Perform Electrical work including mounting equipment, running conduit, wire/cable pulling, and terminating wire/cable.
- Responsible for all aspects of daily on-site management of personnel, equipment, sub-contractors, and progress.
- Monitor progress relative to short term and long-term schedules communicating that progress to the project manager as input to update schedules.
- Provide daily reports, safety meetings reports, man-hour reports, quality reports, etc.
- Coordinate with the customer, attending on site meetings as necessary.
- Be able to interpret constructions drawings and coordinate crew to perform all work in accordance with drawings and the contracted scope of work
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications, drawings, site conditions, and local and national codes
- Redline drawings to indicate changes made during installation
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure that required material is available on the job site as needed for construction.
- Recognize and communicate to Project Manager any priority project problems, such as job delays, material needs, safety issues or any other delays or concerns on the project.
- Work side by side with other electricians and helpers
- Ensure that all work is correct, neat, and follows contracted scope of work
- Ensure that all work is in accordance with applicable codes
- Implement the on-site quality control program
- Conduct safety and health inspections and maintain a written log which includes area/operation inspected, date of inspection, identified hazards, recommended corrective actions, estimated and actual dates of corrections.
- Ensure compliance with safety and health requirements.
- Conduct weekly Safety meetings and records of meetings.
- Maintain applicable safety reference material on the job site.
- Implement and enforce accepted Accident Prevention Plans and Activity Hazard Analyses.
- Maintain a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution. A list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies shall be posted on the safety bulletin board.
- Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets.
- Conduct mishap investigations and complete required reports.
- Bend and install electrical conduit, mount enclosures and boxes.
- Pull and terminate wire and cable.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or power analyzers.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Work safely from ladders, scaffolds, lifts, or roofs.
- Maintain current electrician's certification.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
- Safety oriented and must be able to communicate (written and verbal) with others effectively.
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding of and the ability to enforce Federal, State, and company regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures is essential.
- Must have driver’s license and clean driving record to drive company vehicles.
- Must be able to pass Department of Defense background check for site access.
- A minimum of 5 years continuous construction industry safety experience or 4 years in possession of a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Safety and Health Degree.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 30-Hour OSHA certification for construction
- 5 years electrical experience in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code
- Valid Journeyman Electrician Certification
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.