Lead Access Control Technician
Upper Marlboro , Maryland
Job Title: Access Control Technician
Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Anistar Technologies is seeking a Access Control Technician to install and service access control, CCTV, and surveillance systems.The position supports the security solutions business by installing and troubleshooting newly installed electronic security encompassing intrusion detection, access control, and closed circuit television equipment and devices.
Access Control Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform service/ installation of various security management solutions including access control, intrusion alarm, closed circuit television systems, and other various security related systems. Must be able to install, configure, and test equipment and devices associated until final product is complete.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots, re-configures, and tests equipment and devices associated and repairs as necessary.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Performs computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices, and intrusion alarm systems as needed.
- Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Read and understand drawings and prints to install the correct equipment in the correct locations.
- Terminate equipment and field devices while completing and verifying the operation from the field to the reporting systems.
- Be willing to do what is required to complete the required task on any given day.
Access Control Technical Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Must be able to read technical documents, drawings and prints.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to think on their feet. As the environment is fast paced and technically demanding.
- Must be familiar with the installation and operations of fiber optics, Cat 5e, 6a, RS 485, 232 analog and digital cable specifications.
- Familiar with IP Video and Storage Solutions as well as Analog Video.
- Working knowledge of the NEC and electrical/electronic calculations
- Experience with Lenel, Open Option, and Software House would be a plus.
- Nurse call, intercom, and commercial sound experience is a plus.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!