New York City, New York
Job Title: Installation Inspector
Location: New York City, NY
- Performs inspections/surveillances based on training received.
- Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
- Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment
- Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspection, examination, and testing results.
- Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
- Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
- Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
- Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspection as needed (may include source inspection).
- Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
- May participate in establishing and implementing a Quality Controls Inspectors certification program.
- May participate in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
- Documents and communicates inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Math, Quality or related field and 2-4 years related construction experience or a High School/Trade School diploma and equivalent work experience (5+ years) is required. ASQ membership desirable. Additional years of education beyond the minimum requirement are considered equivalent to years of related work experience.
Appropriate Quality Control Inspector Certification required within 12 months of employment. (Optional)
It is anticipated that individuals will be certified to perform activities in one or more of the following areas (or subjects): Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Instrumentation and Controls, Civil, Structural, Architectural, HVAC, Welding, Non-Destructive Examination, Receiving, and Special Processes. Certification to industry recognized standards, such as certification to DOT, IEEE, AWS, SNT-TC-1a, IEEE, ACI or International Code Council will be required.
- Must be tested for visual acuity and color discrimination as a part of employment.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
- Very good analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Very good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access. Requires proficiency in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis, and retention of quality records.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.