INL Switch Technician
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Job Title: INL Switch Technician
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
- System status checks and reports.
- Programming, troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems and any ancillary systems.
- Responsible for the development of system and infrastructure related documentation, including Configuration Management related documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Responsible for the engineering, design and implementation of complex unified communication solutions and upgrades at various facilities throughout the INL.
- Maintain systems and their applications, to include any ancillary systems. This includes but is not limited to: database provisioning, application provisioning, routing provisioning and alarm clearing.
- Coordinating, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1 PRI, SIP and DS0).
- Resolving complex system incidents, upgrades, maintenance tasks, modifying Contact Center scripts, build voice application menu services and complex call arrangements.
- Maintain INL PBX equipment inventory.
- Maintain INL -48V DC power distribution system.
- Terminate CAT3, CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6A, and fiber optic cable as needed.
- Certifications/experience in the following: Telecommunications, Nortel/Avaya M1, CS1000, and Avaya Aura PBX systems.
- Experienced in implementing dial plan authorization, restrictions, digit manipulation between multiple PBX system, and BARS/NARS configurations.
- Experienced with the following Avaya system: Communication Manager, System Manager, Session Manager, G-450 Gateways, Messaging, and Branch Session Manager.
- Experienced in VoIP technologies such as H.323 and SIP.
- Experience in LAN/WAN operations and IP connectivity.
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, stored program control, and power is required.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
- The ability to pass a background check and obtain a Department of Energy L clearance is required.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.