New York, New York
Job Title: HR Manager
Location: New York, NY
- Address employee issues by working with the appropriate supervisor/manager to identify possible solutions and coach/counsel both on potential next steps
- Support change management initiatives by drafting communications, identifying potential barriers, seeking input from impacted stakeholders, and coaching leaders
- Provide coaching, counsel, and direction to business leaders in areas including conflict resolution, performance management, employee relations, labor relations, professional development, compensation, recognition, etc.
- Own major end-to-end processes and events on a project, take initiative, and use problem solving skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved
- Work closely across HR and other departments to build processes that allow changes to have the least amount of impact on our field employees
- Support leaders and managers who oversee union employees, ensuring the CBA is understood and being followed, and helping to resolve differences in interpretation
- Independently gather information from a variety of sources; analyze, interpret, and summarize data gathered, and eventually deliver insights that allow business decisions to be made
- Provide leadership thoughts and ideas on DEI initiatives and ways to improve both the environment and the representation within the organization
- Associate’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field of study
- Minimum of seven (7) years of HR experience, dealing with employee issues and managing initiatives
- Prior experience working in a union environment
- Experience driving effective change management techniques and implementation including communications plans
- Experience conducting sensitive and other investigations; demonstrated ability to remain objective and then produce a recommendation based on findings, keeping in mind all relevant laws, policies, etc.
- Ability to manage all aspects of Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure compliance, fulfillment of technical requirements, and awareness of Company philosophies regarding union relations; build and maintain strong relationships with union representatives to minimize labor relations issues, conduct supervisor/manager training to strengthen consistent application of policies and procedures, and manage all grievances in a timely and effective manner
- Strong strategic orientation, analytical skills, critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead, influence, and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate and analyze data and to present information in a way that allows leaders to make decisions
- Outstanding ability to manage relationships and balance customer, project, organization, and team needs to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes
- Excellent consultative skills and ability to communicate effectively across varied stakeholder audiences, including senior leaders
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to take the ideas of someone else and craft it into messages or announcements for broader audiences
- Proven ability to work with minimal guidance, manage multiple priorities simultaneously, and take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Well organized, able to prioritize work, manage time effectively, and follow through on commitments
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.