Fire Sprinkler Foreman
Job Title: Fire Sprinkler Foreman
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Direct and assist assigned crew in fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining fire system sprinkler piping.
- Direct and assist in overhead pipe installation, including: steel overhead sprinkler piping, wet, dry, pre-action and deluge, standpipe and hose systems.
- Direct and assist in installing and servicing valves, devices and trim for system risers, alarm valves, dry pipe valves, pre action and deluge valves, backflow prevention devices, and sprinkler system alarms
- Communicate with the Field Superintendent, Project Manager, Designers, etc. in a positive manner to properly execute all construction plans and processes.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all hours worked for each crew member, and forward completed timesheets to the office for processing.
- Ensure that all Tool Box Talks and Inspections Reports are completed weekly with your assigned crew, and that the completed reports are turned in along with timesheets.
- Ensure projects finish on time, within budget for labor and materials, within the quality standards of PFP, and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure system test is complete (with completed documentation) before final inspection with the authority having jurisdiction.
- Communicate all change orders to the Field Superintendent, including when said change orders are complete.
- Ensure all reimbursable travel time and expenses are accounted for accurately.
- Ensure crew members act in a professional manner at each job site being respectful of other trades, contractors, service superintendents, and property owners.
- Ensure each service project is conducted in a safe manner according to any OSHA regulations or federal, state, or local laws.
- Ensure job material waste is minimized.
- Ensure the proper PPE is worn by each assigned crewmember every day.
- Attend Company meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed above are not an exhaustive list and may not encompass all of the “essential duties” for purposes of the ADA. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties as long as an undue hardship is not created on the Company.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- Self-reliant, requiring a minimum of direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform all duties in a safe manner on the job according to OSHA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to, customers, service managers, architects, engineers, construction crews, field superintendents and field supervisors.
Education and Skill Requirements:
- There is no specific formal education requirement for the position.
- This position requires a minimum three (3) years’ experience performing as a foreman installing automatic sprinkler systems. Previous experience must demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment of effective leadership and crew management, effective communication, and execution of duties. Other significant work experience will be considered in lieu of “foreman” experience.
- Minimum OSHA 10-hour certification required, OSHA 30-hour certification preferred.
- The incumbent must be knowledgeable with local, state, and federal OSHA regulations.
- The primary language spoken within our business environment is English. The position requires that the individual have the ability to communicate (read, write, and speak) in English at a level sufficient for a variety of people to understand clearly.
- The individual must possess the abilities to read and write at a level sufficient to identify, interpret, and comprehend various construction drawings and documents.
- The individual must possess the writing skills sufficient to make notations and complete reports during the construction process.
- The individual must possess a valid driver’s license.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.