Field Sampling Technician
Job Title: Field Sampling Technician
Location: Ironton, OH
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Cert. is Required.
- Performs routine and occasionally heavy labor tasks related to on-site industrial waste, hazardous waste, field environmental surveys or wastewater treatment operations and maintenance.
- May collect samples and maintain documentation in record logs.
- Follow sampling protocol, take precise notes, complete field data entry associated with the sampling event
- Learns to operate trucks, pumps, vacuum equipment, oil booms, generators, and other machinery equipment. Maintains appropriate logs of activities.
- Assists in testing, calibrating, repairing, and modifying control and instrumentation systems at on-site locations.
- Assists in preparing required field and office reports of various activities and findings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience is preferred
- Completion of a 40-hour HAZWOPER training course (with an annual 8-hour update) is preferred
- Familiarity with fundamental tasks and sampling techniques related to environmental remediation systems and sampling techniques
- Must maintain a high-performance standard, pays close attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds multiple times per day
- Enter, stand, and work in confined spaces, crouch for long period of times
- Adherence to a strong safety culture including the proper use of Personal – Protective Equipment (PPE) up to modified level C for a couple of tasks (chemical changeout)
- Mechanically inclined with experience operating and troubleshooting tools and equipment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, drug test, and a background test
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean DMV record
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.