Job Title: Fiber Technicians
Location: Ogden, UT
Our client is a proven leader in the communications industry, offering a professional level of cabling expertise to their partners. Having been around for over forty years, our client provides the resources necessary for their team members to excel and reach their career goals in the communications industry.
Anistar is seeking Entry Level Cable Technicians for a long term opportunity to provide assistance with the installation, termination, and testing of various types of voice and data cables.
The ideal candidate will under general supervision, maintain a highly analytical and problem solving mindset while working as a team player. Candidates will gain experience in running, testing, and terminating low voltage equipment for large data center projects.
Technicians with exposure on working with various cables that include but are not limited to: twisted pair, coax, power limited tray, stranded, solid conductor low voltage, CAT-5, CAT-6, single & multi mode fiber optic cables. Cable installation includes: pulling, placement, termination, testing, and labeling. Knowledge of Telecom systems, TCP/IP networks, CCTV security, access control & wireless solutions. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus but not needed. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
Basic scope of work includes:
• Pulling, termination, testing, and labeling of any CAT, Copper, or Fiber cables. Knowledge of Telecom systems & wireless solutions. BICSI cert (current or past) a plus but not needed.
• Proper ISP and OSP communication room cable routing
• Basic understanding of site ISP and OSP fiber optic network infrastructure design and maintenance
• Experience with anaerobic fiber terminations
• Experience with single & multi mode fiber optic cables
• Fiber fusion splicing experience
• Basic network troubleshooting skills
• Work independently in the absence of supervision
• 5+ year(s) of experience in commercial fiber optic cabling
• Experience pulling and terminating cables
• Ability to climb ladders and work off boom lifts
• Solid base knowledge of conduits
• Must have an OSHA 10 or be willing to obtain one via Anistar
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.