Facility Assessor (Electrical)
Job Title: Facility Assessor (Electrical)
Location: Remote – Extensive travel to AFB worldwide
This assignment is a multi-faceted engagement to support the evaluation of electrical equipment, plumbing equipment, mechanical equipment, and fire protection systems in existing facilities to provide accurate inventory to clients as well as to support the renovation and refurbishment of larger projects. In this role, the candidate will apply his/her knowledge of equipment installation, engineering specifications, schematics, and industry standards.
Assessors are responsible for visually evaluating the MEP building systems, and make assessments based on discussions with the facilities maintenance and management teams. The assessor will note the condition evaluations and any deficiencies. Extensive travel is required.
- Locates, evaluates and reports on the current conditions of major building systems and their individual components, and identifies deficient condition in a variety of building types
- Interface with clients to determine the function of existing systems, issues and concerns, and determine what planned future use might be.
- Work with team to determine possible future work with respect to existing conditions.
- Ability to review drawings and schematics to assess the function of existing components and equipment.
- Perform data entry of assessed systems utilizing the UNIFORMAT II Classification System; and provides written narrative descriptions about the general condition of systems.
- Has the ability to organize large amounts of data is required.
- Assists with the development of assessment findings report
- Communicates with management team on schedule and project status.
- Assists other assessors as required
- Provides quality control for field surveys, data input and report output.
- Good communication and willingness to join a team will be keys to your success.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management (or related field) is required with 2 or more years of relevant experience, or Master's degree and previous experience as an Architectural or Engineering Co-op Student.
- Completion of NCARB Intern Development Program and beginning of licensure track is preferred. Non-Degreed Assessors must have 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
- The Mechanical/Electrical Assessor must remain current in MEP building trades, including current standards and terminology.
- Requires fundamental knowledge in the application of engineering and architectural design standards, practices, and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Requires a working knowledge of commercial construction codes and their application to existing facilities
- Knowledge of UNIFORMAT II Classifications for building specifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of BUILDER assessments or similar software is preferred
- Project definition, and planning experience is preferred
- Ability to walk for long periods (6 to 8 hours/day) and climb ladders
- Ability to travel 1-4 weeks to include international travel. International travel may require a quarantine period for unvaccinated travelers, the quarantine period will not be reimbursed.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.