Data Center Site Operations Technician III
Job Title: Data Center Site Operations Technician III
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Site Operations Technician III is responsible for day-to-day data center operations that support critical data center infrastructure systems. In this role you with monitor and maintain the capacity, health, and efficiency of all critical data center systems, specifically the power distribution, backup power systems, plumbing, condensing water systems, and HVAC. You will be responsible for disaster recovery and availability of critical internal systems and for meeting customer service level agreements. You will work closely with general contractors, landlord building engineers, and Data Center Technicians to support and troubleshoot day to day issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting critical data center systems in facilities with a greater than 1 megawatt critical load required; 7–9 years preferred.
- Heat rejection, electrical distribution, and disaster recovery work experience required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work with different functional groups of employees to achieve results effectively and professionally.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in a data center.
- Perform maintenance and repairs to the facility’s mechanical, plumbing, structural, fire, life safety, and control systems to keep them up to applicable standards and available.
- Conduct periodic inspections and take readings for data center infrastructure (i.e., HVAC, electrical distribution, backup power) and maintain mechanical equipment rooms to ensure clean and safe conditions
- Lead emergency response procedures and technical and safety training programs.
- Monitor the operation and maintenance of water cooling and air conditioning equipment, heating, ventilating, pumps, valves, piping and filters, and other mechanical and electrical equipment. Complete all service requests accurately and expediently.
- Analyze data from data center systems to monitor and improve performance and efficiency.
- Be available to work on-call and to be called out to support after-hours issues.
- Assist the Data Center Site Manager with operational recommendations such as capital and annual budgets and process improvement efficiencies.
- Maintain and update information in the asset and maintenance management databases.
- Oversee the performance of contracted maintenance work. Specific tasks include but are not limited to ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer, and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers and/or contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.