Commercial Electrical Estimator
Charlotte, North Carolina
Job Title: Commercial Electrical Estimator
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Estimator is responsible for the process of preparing bids and estimates in the pursuit of commercial construction projects. This process involves reading electrical construction documents, preparing accurate take-offs, pricing components and packages of equipment, estimating labor requirements, and accounting for project overhead costs. Professional communication and organization are essential to the Estimator’s success. The positions key results areas are:
- Estimating – Thoroughly review and accurately take off quantities of materials from issued construction documents, drawings, and specifications. Solicit bids from vendors for materials and services required to complete projects. Compile quotes for materials and services with labor costs and markups to create an accurate quote for submittal. Prior to submittal of quote review with management to confirm accuracy and compliance.
- Organization – Manage all aspects of the competitive bid process from reviewing invitations to bid, prioritizing bid opportunities, preparing bids, tracking bids, and following up with general contractors. Maintain the bid tracking system and prepare weekly and monthly bid tracking forms.
- Communication – Prepare a complete and thorough hand off meeting agenda, anticipate common questions and answers. Have all documents ready prior to the start of hand off meetings. Prepare for and lead pending project review meetings.
- Work Ethic – Be punctual and responsible for your time. Model adherence to company policies regarding start times, end times and breaks. Foster positive, professional relationships with team members, vendors and customers and encourage an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
- Professional Relationships – Develop and maintain a network of professional relationships with our client’s preconstruction teams, vendors and subcontractors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with estimating software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associates or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least five years of estimating commercial electrical project experience is required.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.