Job Title: CNC Machinist
Location: Indianapolis, IN
General Summary: Performs the following duties, and other related activities as assigned:
- Must demonstrate competencies necessary to meet business requirements. May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross- functional team.
- Display the ability to set up, edit programs and operate multiple 3, 4 or 5 Axis CNC Machines with multiple controller combinations, simultaneously when applicable, with minimal guidance or training. Set up and operate various manual machines including vertical and horizontal mills, manual lathes, grinders, jig bores and drill presses with minimal guidance or training.
- Assemble and repair various parts, mechanisms, tools, mechanical assembles, sub-assemblies or machines, applying advanced knowledge of machining practices, mechanics, shop mathematics and metal properties.
- Interpret required documentation such as blueprints, sketches, specifications, NC programs, detailed routings and capable of following detailed instructions either written or oral.
- Verify conformance of work piece to specifications by inspecting dimensions and requirements using calibrated measuring instruments.
- Must be capable of holding close tolerances and fine micro finishes on a regular basis and must consistently produce parts within the established quality and cost parameters.
- Must possess extensive knowledge in the machinability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials as well as plastics, fiber and rubber materials and have a good working knowledge of various types of cutting tool including the ability to determine the correct speeds and feeds.
- A minimum of 5 years of machining experience including at least 3 years of experience setting-up, programming or editing programs and operating various multi-axis CNC machines utilizing conversational and “G” code programming.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in machining practices, trade skills and various programming methods, above average ability to visually read and interpret blueprints and specifications, follow detailed routings, interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. Must be capable of designing and fabricating complex holding fixtures when required to aid the manufacturing process.
Required education: High School Diploma or GED.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.