C-130 Flight Engineer
Wallops Island, Virginia
Job Title: C-130 Flight Engineer
Location: Wallops Island, VA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Aircraft Mechanic III/Flight Engineer performs maintenance on C-130 aircraft.
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, mechanical systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of, and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provide oversight and have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic III may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures .
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
- Shall require the following:
– Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification with Flight Engineer certification in turbo propeller powered aircraft;
– FAA A&P certification with four years of active duty military experience as a mechanic on a P-3 Orion aircraft operated under USC Title 10 or C-130 Hercules aircraft.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.