AV Technician II
Job Title: AV Technician ||
Location: Lynchburg, VA
Anistar is seeking an AVI-II that is responsible for the on-site supervision of the Installation Team and will perform tasks at various project locations while also ensuring projects are completed following the Epitome installation standards. This position reports to the Manager of AV System Integration.
Principal responsibilities and duties, but not all-inclusive, include the following. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including working in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to balance workloads.
• Perform installation tasks for projects including but not limited to pulling cable, installing connectors, mounting projectors and displays, installing speakers.
• Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural blueprints
• Ensure systems quality and performance meet design specifications
• Test point-to-point functionality of systems
• Configure DSP’ s and load/modify as necessary
• Configure control systems and modify as necessary
• On-site supervision of installation team, to complete jobs on time and within budget
• Provide frequent, collaborative updates to supervisor and design teams
• Provide end user instruction to customers as needed
• Use hand and power tools to solder and crimp connectors along with various other AV systems related tasks
• Assist with basic mechanical fabrication and basic rack wiring
• Projector and screen support structure installations
• Test point to point functionality of systems
• Mentor Level I Technicians
• Communicate daily job site status to the Project Manager
• Work with manufacturers to initiate return material authorizations as needed
• Review equipment list with customer upon delivery
• Travel to various job sites required
• Must have at least four (4) years’ experience as an AV Installer
• Proficient in structured cabling which includes pulling, terminating, and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables
• Proficient in all installation best practices in accordance with both AVIXA & Epitome standards.
• Proficient in audio-visual technology including DSP, control system, video distribution systems, audio, wireless microphones, signal flow
• Ability to understand and interpret architectural and electrical schematics
• Ability to take direction, lead 1-3 technicians throughout the duration of a small to mid-level projects but also work independently on assigned tasks to meet deadlines
• Working knowledge of industry-standard AV equipment, and installation tools
• Ability to use hand tools and power tools in safe manner
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and professional
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners.
• Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
• Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Competently document daily project status reports and deliver/communicate status reports with project management daily or in a frequency agreed upon by the project team
• Valid Virginia Driver’s License
• AVIXA CTS certification or ability to possess within 90 days of hire. CTS-I within one (1) year.
Physical Working Conditions
• Work at heights on ladders, lifts, and stage grids
• Physical ability to walk, crawl and work in difficult positions and areas
• Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift up-to 50lbs and move up to 75lbs
• Must be able to travel within the territory and/or regional territory as needed.
• Interact with employees, customers, and colleagues effectively and on a professional level.
• PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer