AV Project Manager
Job Title: Audio Visual Project Manager
Location: Chantilly, VA
Our client is a proven leader in the communications industry, offering a professional level of Integration, Design, and Project Engineering expertise to their partners. Having been around for over twenty years, our client provides the resources necessary for their team members to excel and reach their career goals in the communications industry.
- Interface with the sales team and provide pre-sales functional and/or technical support for developing opportunities.
- Work in conjunction with estimating staff, or independently, to prepare estimates with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form: gather or develop data such as scope of work, subcontractor quotes, floor plans, etc. to produce customer proposals.
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships to secure and expand business opportunities.
- At start-up, provide initial client interface with client to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Work with the Operations team to ensure proper materials, equipment and labor are available.
- Specific to the general contractor or customer, establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies.
- Manage project scheduling requirements including material purchases, deliveries and returns, identification of products and parts, quantities, timing of material purchases, etc. to control costs and meet contract requirements.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships; streamline project activities for efficiencies; communicate with staff and upper management to keep all informed of customer and job requirements
- Resolving customer issues and concerns or plan deviations; communicate with internal and external stakeholders and upper management to ensure customer needs and priorities are being properly addressed.
- Work with estimating department or individually to prepare any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client. Negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion.
- Monitor installation activities in conjunction with the onsite personnel to ensure project is delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor work to ensure proper quality assurance practices are maintained and documented to the client’s standards.
- Manage job cost/profitability and schedules through internal systems and reports: work with customer teams to meet master schedule such as providing specific work dates for scheduled items; communicate with internal resources regarding project updates, scope changes, order changes, and other events impacting the project; ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Track projects, evaluate cost vs. performance to ensure projects come in on time and within budget.
- Represent the company in client project meetings.
- Participate in all meetings, conference calls and company required meetings throughout the year as assigned by your manager.
- Ensure all project close-outs are completed efficiently and accurately. May be required to assist in accounts receivable when required.
- Manage customer acceptance and sign off of the projects.
- Communicate construction notice-to-proceed requirements to customer when required.
- Complete all project closeouts, including site walks, punch list item completion, document scanning, test results, and site binder.
- Ensure all construction related documentation (permits, as-built drawings, etc.) is properly retained and stored into client’s project filing system (electronic and hard copies).
- Perform a “System Commission” on all completed projects to verify and ensure that all equipment has been installed, tested and is in good working order. Complete and submit appropriate documentation to support this task completion.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management or 3+ years of project management experience in audiovisual, videoconferencing, or related telecommunications or IT fields is preferred.
- US Secret Clearance
- CTS Certification(s) preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certified preferred
- 3-6 years of AV project manager experience
- Documented experience in coordinating and acting as project oversight for large AV projects
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of clients, vendors and manufacturing partners.
- Experience in leading a crew of technicians, site supervision, construction environments, managing technical resources and technology roll-outs.
- Familiar with Extron product line
- Familiar with Crestron control systems
- Familiar with Biamp product line
- Familiar with Cisco/Polycom
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills; able to establish and lead positive working relations with large clients.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!