Job Title: AV Engineer
Location: Centreville, VA
Executes the overall design, installation and integration of AV Systems Technologies and Video Conferencing throughout the Enterprise. May work with senior IT professionals and our managers to design and develop infrastructure solutions that meet identified corporate goals and initiatives. Provides senior level operational direction and support for AV Infrastructure throughout the enterprise.
Directs the technical aspects of AV projects from concept and scoping through design and implementation; validates the delivered system to ensure that the project adheres to technical and quality standards. May also direct the activities, provide quality assurance and validate the work of less experienced infrastructure team members.
Evaluates systems currently in use to assess their effectiveness, to determine how well the infrastructure elements are meeting current and projected business needs and to recommend efficiencies, upgrades and modifications that will improve system use. Reviews all infrastructure modifications, enhancements and upgrades to assure the system continues to support our long-term business strategy and user needs.
- Has exceptional knowledge of IT Infrastructure technologies, processes, methodologies and best practices, which include networking, cabling, servers, storage, telephony and virtualization and applies this knowledge to address our present and future needs within the Enterprise IT Infrastructure.
- Oversees the overall design, installation and integration of AV and Video Conferencing Infrastructure throughout the Enterprise.
- Provide suggestions for better architectural designs when upgrading the Audio Visual Systems (these systems include the audio, video, video conferencing)
- Transformation of existing legacytraditional conferencing systems to a more robust user friendlyminimum touch system
- Resolve AV issues and requests for both on-site and remote users
- Perform basic AV troubleshooting such as resetting devices, cable management, etc.
- Operate and support digital signage system
- Diagnose and escalate technical issues to service contracted AV integrators
- Train users on how to use conference room equipment
- Evaluate AV systems for software and hardware upgrades
- Setup and configuration of Microsoft Teams conference room systems
- Coordinates Audio Visual activities for conference rooms and events
- Provide enterprise level strategic direction for AV
- Recommends modifications, efficiencies, upgrades and enhancements to infrastructure elements so they optimize system use, maintain the current level of functionality and assure that the infrastructure continues to support our business goals and objectives.
- Develops technical infrastructure solution designs and documents technical infrastructure specifications.
- Provides advanced system configuration administrative functions for production infrastructure systems.
- Monitors and tunes existing systems to assure maximum performance.
- Identifies and resolves service incidents, issues, questions and problems with all elements of the infrastructure system.
- May work with IT managers and our company’s managers to develop strategic design solutions based on the company’s business goals and objectives.
- Identifies scope, budget, specifications and resources necessary to implement identified infrastructure design solutions for the Enterprise.
- Supervises, directs and coordinates the activities of less experienced infrastructure team members, providing technical advice and feedback.
- Performs quality assurance, validates and reviews the configuration of infrastructure solutions developed by others to ensure that the solutions adhere to the company’s and industry technical standards.
- Designs advanced infrastructure system configurations in response to identified needs and plans, identifying system options, risks and costs for the proposed configuration and options.
- Leads small to medium-sized infrastructure projects, including investigation, design, build, implementation and project management.
- May work with vendors, suppliers or contractors to install and implement small to medium-sized infrastructure hardware or software.
4-year degree in Computer Science (or related curriculum) and 8-10 years of diversified experience working in more than one area of AV and video conferencing infrastructure technology. Experience maintaining one or more infrastructure elements for a large global enterprise. Experience working as a member of a diverse, geographically based team involved in project delivery from concept, scoping, design through to implementation. Individuals with a 2-year degree and an additional 3 years of relevant experience can be considered. Those candidates without a degree will be required to have an additional 5 years of relevant experience for consideration.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- Certified Technology Specialist – Design (CTS-D)
- Certified Technology Specialist – Install (CTS-I)
- Microsoft Certifications (Server, Azure) – preferred
- AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Cloud Practitioner) – preferred
Additional advanced certifications relevant to our Infrastructure environment (e.g., ITIL v4 Foundation, Scaled Agile, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of AV and video conferencing Infrastructure components and how they fit into an enterprise architecture.
- Has led the transformation of legacytraditional conferencing systems to a more robust user friendlyminimum touch system.
- User experience focused.
- Solid understanding of project delivery within an Agile framework.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and methodologies, especially those that are necessary to tie dissimilar components together into an aggregate system.
- Understanding of global IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have previous hands-on engineering and support experience with at least two infrastructure disciplines (network, servers, storage, desktop, telephony, etc.).
- A knowledge of the strategic impacts of enterprise initiatives, the supporting IT systems and architecture with a global viewpoint.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.