Aircraft Mechanic I
Wallops Island, Virginia
Job Title: WFF Aircraft Mechanic I
Location: Wallops Island, VA
The Aircraft Mechanic I perform maintenance on aircraft.
• Perform maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, mechanical systems, and/or ground support
• Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
• Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
• Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
• Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor.
• Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly
report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to
• Enter in the maintenance records a detailed description of the work performed and verify the
work was performed satisfactorily.
• The Aircraft Mechanic I may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management
and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
• Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• High degree of self-motivation
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and/or Powerplant certification
• 5+ years of aircraft maintenance experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD
• Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives. To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify. We offer variable hour employment on contract and contract-to-hire opportunities, as well as permanent placement. MUST have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation,
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.