Wallops Island, Virginia
Wallops Island, VA
The Aircraft Mechanic I (Structures specific), performs maintenance on P3 and C130 aircraft.
• Perform maintenance on aircraft, structures specific items per aircraft drawings, including avionics, mechanical systems, and/or ground support
• Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
• Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
• Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
• Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor.
• Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly
report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to
• Enter in the maintenance records a detailed description of the work performed and verify the
work was performed satisfactorily.
• The Aircraft Mechanic I, structures specific, may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management
and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
• Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• High degree of self-motivation
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) (A&P) Airframe and Powerplant certification
• 5+ years of aircraft maintenance (P-3 or C-130) experience with fixed wing commercial, Government or DOD
• Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.