Advanced Field Technician
Panama City, Florida
Job Title: Advanced Field Technician
Location: Panama City, FL
The Advanced Field Technician is responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repairing, and modifying various 2-way radio infrastructures, wireless messaging systems, or wireless broadband solutions.
- Service accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Establish service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keep personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshoot breakdowns; maintain supplies; perform preventive maintenance; call for repairs.
- Document service and installation actions by completing work tickets, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications.
- Assist with mobile installations upon demand.
- Participate in after hours, on-call service schedule.
- 5+ years’ Service Technician experience in diagnosing, repairing, programming, and installing equipment in the 2-way radio wireless and /or communication field.
- Extensive knowledge/understanding of 2-way radio theory, RF propagation characteristics at various frequency bands and communications systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics, blueprints, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of battery backup systems, base stations, repeaters, multicopper and duplexers, basic TCP/IP principles and NIC programming.
- Proficiency in setup and program routers and switches, set up VLAN’s and VPN’s
- Operate various test equipment including but not limited to, spectrum analyzers, system analyzers, watt meters, TDR’s, FDR’s, and multi-meters.
- Knowledge of audio, RF, digital, and microprocessor electronic circuits found in communications equipment at the component level.
- 2-year Associate degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- CET Certification
- P25 system experience.
- Moto-turbo system experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Willingness to learn new technologies in public safety communications and equipment
- Experience in or basic knowledge of automotive wiring concepts preferred
- Experience in or basic knowledge of installation and troubleshooting two-way radios, sirens, warning lights, and other public safety vehicular equipment is preferred.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!