The Accountant is responsible for general accounting, including maintaining the time & labor function, preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers, and account and bank reconciliations. The Accountant will also assist with monthly closings, and account analysis, and support other accountants in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
- Maintain the employee time recording system utilizing the Deltek Costpoint time & labor function.
- Strict knowledge of time keeping requirements associated with government contracting.
- Report organization's finances to management, and offer suggestions about resource utilization, Tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Possess knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- May be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite, predominantly EXCEL. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and CBA Agreements.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Solutions, LLC goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- BA/BS or higher in the following fields: Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or related field with at least 5 years of task related experience.
- Prior experience with Deltek Costpoint and Deltek Time & Labor a definite plus.
- Prior experience developing EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract preferred
- Familiarity with government reporting, including the NASA 533 report.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.