Access Control Estimator/Engineer
Job Title: Access Control Estimator/Engineer
Location: Arlington, TX
Our client is a proven leader in the Security Integration industries, offering a high level of professional expertise to their partners. Having been around for over 25 years, our client provides the resources necessary for their team members to excel and reach their career goals.
Anistar is seeking experienced Security Field/Service Programmer for a contract to hire position. Candidates will provide assistance with the installation, termination, and testing/trouble shooting on all aspects of low voltage fire alarm systems. We are looking for individuals who will pay attention to detail and work efficiently under minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will under general supervision, maintain a highly analytical and problem solving mindset while working as a team player and must have experience with the following:
- Works closely with Project Managers, Project Foreman, and Engineering leads, this role assists in the coordination of the technical aspects of specific projects under the general supervision of Engineering leadership
- May supervise workers in installation, configuration, testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance
- Installs, programs, test, repairs, and services a variety of low voltage systems and equipment which may include surveillance systems, access control system, and/or audio/visual systems
- Reads basic blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures and/or repair equipment utilizing knowledge of low voltage hardware and software and through the use of standard test instruments and hand tools
- Operates systems to demonstrate equipment, commission new systems, analyze performance and identify malfunctions
- Escalates and consults with engineering and project personnel to resolve unusual problems in system configuration, installation, operation, maintenance, and warranty work
- May advise Engineering management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, installation techniques and standards as well as suggestions for product improvements
- Assists with technical aspects of projects with varying timelines and budgets including programming, graphics development, start-up, certification testing, customer training, close-out documentation, and on-going technical support etc.
- Identifies potential project risks, communicates to appropriate parties and assist in the development and implementation of strategies to minimize impact and to control deviations from estimated costs and project deadlines
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Must be able to read technical documents, drawings and prints. Must have good communication skills and the ability to think on their feet. As the environment is fast paced and technically demanding. Working knowledge of Lenel, Software House, Avigilon, Open Option, AMAG, and/or Genetec would be a plus.
At Anistar Technologies, we connect individuals from a variety of industries with respected companies, both nationally and internationally. Each day, our Recruiters are presenting our clients with talented industry professionals for their most in-demand positions. To accomplish this, the Anistar staffing team will invest the time to understand your goals, work experiences, and career objectives.
To search for other exciting opportunities in your area, visit our website at www.anistar.com.
Anistar Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace. Anistar utilizes E-Verify.
Interested Candidates, click “Apply”, or contact the Anistar office at the number listed below.
Anistar PAYS YOU for referrals!!!!!!!! If you know any qualified job seekers looking for work, we want to talk with them! Call us to find out more information regarding our referral placement program!